I was caught shoplifting at walmart, gave my real indentification, but had 5 fake id's in my purse .completely fake inde

Asked almost 3 years ago - Sacramento, CA

I am wondering what kind of fines i will be facing and /or jail time, i went to jail and had court (arrainment) was released on or, but they have yet to bring up the id card, only charges as of yet is PC 459, and PC 484 (a)/ 490.5 (a) .. I have no priors! other than traffic

1. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

Answered . If you have an attorney, speak to him or her as soon as possible. You have a situation where, if properly handled, the DA may not be able to raise the fake ID issue. Ask the attorney about Kellett v. Superior Court 63 Cal.2d 822,827.

The above is not intended as legal advice.
  2. Michael Lawrence Chastaine

Answered . It is difficult to stay with precision. It could be any where from a defered entry of judgement to 15 days on weekend work. This is the type of case where an attorney could make a significant difference. If you nee.d further help, please call me at 916 932 7150

3. Kim Wiseman Hansen

Answered . Get an attorney if you have not already done so. You need to act quickly before the DA amends the complaint to add five counts of false ID. If you work quickly, your attorney may be able to block the other charges from being added.

Good luck,

Kim W. Hansen

www.kimwhansen.com