I was caught shoplifting at walmart.

Colorado Springs, CO |
Filed under: Shoplifting

I was caught shoplifting from walmart. No police were involved and I know I will be sent a civil demand. I am married to a navy sailor and my question is, since the police were not involved and I don't believe charges were pressed(I assume I would know by now) will my sailor be punished at work? Is his job in jeopardy ?

No and no. His job is not in jeopardy

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice.

Assuming that your husband was not with you so that he could be treated as in conspiracy with you, he would not be in jeopardy.

Unless your husband is somehow brought into the matter through some kind of accomplice theory, he should be fine. Best of luck to you.

Christopher Daniel Leroi

Christopher Daniel Leroi

I am impressed with Mr. Odle's responses here on Avvo and had a case or two against him years ago when I was a prosecutor with the DA in CO Springs back in 2009-2010. I highly recommend him.

Shoplifting topics