I was caught shoplifting, paid a fine in court, but I wasn't arrested. Will this go on my record?

Asked over 1 year ago - Dexter, ME

This was my first offense, my record was clean before this happened, I just don't know if this went on my record or not.

1. Luke S Rioux

3

Answered . It is most definitely on your record as a theft conviction and will be there for the rest of your life. Unless there is a successful appeal, post conviction review, other proceeding or pardon that removes it. Those things are vanishingly unlikely.

Maine criminal defense attorney|more
  2. Richard Timothy Jones

3

Answered . If you entered a plea, then it will be on your record.

www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
    512-495-1813
    Austin Theft Lawyer

3. Ross Carl Goodman

Pro

2

Answered . You can petition to seal or expunge the conviction after the statutory waiting period.

4. Frank Mascagni III

1

Answered . If you were cited for theft, went to court and plead guilty and were sentenced to a fine, of course it is on your record. I assume you didn't have an attorney. If you want the matter reviewed, to see if you have any options to revisit the plea, hire an attorney ASAP. Time is not your friend. Act now.