I was called into the head of human resources with my union reps. and she insulted me greatly! My union reps took notes, saying

South Bend, IN |

nothing. When I asked one member the next day why no one said anything, he said "I have said things in the past and it just pisses her off". What about ME?

Unions exist to protect employee rights, which usually means protecting employee jobs. Sometimes this involves thumping on the contract or law, and sometimes it involves strategy, or both. Perhaps the union rep was trying to prevent HR from throwing the book at you. There is no benefit to getting into a shouting match or a war of words with HR. It is usually best to pick your battles. This is especially true if you were in any way at fault, which of course I have no way of knowing. *** All legal actions have time limits, called statutes of limitation. If you miss the deadline for filing your claim, you will lose the opportunity to pursue your case. Please consult with an experienced employment attorney as soon as possible to better preserve your rights. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer provides information on Avvo as a service to the public, primarily when general information may be of assistance. Avvo is not an appropriate forum for an in-depth response or a detailed analysis. These comments are for information only and should not be considered legal advice. Legal advice must pertain to specific, detailed facts. No attorney-client relationship is created based on this information exchange. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer is licensed to practice law before all state and federal courts in California, and can appear before administrative agencies throughout the country. She is eligible to represent clients in other states on a pro hac vice basis. ***

Recommended articles about Employment