I was called into the head of human resources with my union reps. and she insulted me greatly! My union reps took notes, saying

Asked over 1 year ago - South Bend, IN

nothing. When I asked one member the next day why no one said anything, he said "I have said things in the past and it just pisses her off". What about ME?

1. Marilynn Mika Spencer

Answered . Unions exist to protect employee rights, which usually means protecting employee jobs. Sometimes this involves thumping on the contract or law, and sometimes it involves strategy, or both. Perhaps the union rep was trying to prevent HR from throwing the book at you. There is no benefit to getting into a shouting match or a war of words with HR. It is usually best to pick your battles. This is especially true if you were in any way at fault, which of course I have no way of knowing.