I was brought here illegally as a minor, it has been 10 years, how do I become legal?

Boston, MA |

I was brought here from Brazil at the age of 16 with incorrect documentation. I attended highschool, some college, am now 26 and have some work, but need a real job as a US Citizen. My parents no longer reside here, Immigration has no time cap on applications for citizenship from underaged immigrants, so they say, and it is holding me back from pursuing my goals here in the US. Is there any way to speed up the process, applications I should b filling out that I don't know about?

1. Spend a fistful of dollars to schedule a private consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Every case is fact specific. In order to get tailored advice you need to consult with an attorney in private.

The above is NOT legal advice, and is NOT intended to be legal advice. No Attorney-Client relationship is created through the above answer.

3. you seem to be potentially eligible for DACA.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

4. You are not eligible for DACA because you came here at age 16 and one of the requirements is to have entered prior to turning 16.

I am not sure what you mean by the time cap on applications for citizenship from underaged immigrants. I think you are missing an important step, which is the green card / permanent residency . That always comes before citizenship. But, in order to have a petition, a qualified relative must petition you. Unfortunately, with very limited exceptions (which you should look into), in order to fix your situation a family member needs to petition for you, especially if you are not in removal proceedings. Think about making an appointment to discuss your options. Good Luck.

Framingham and Boston Locations Available
    508 455 4241
    www.gagarinlaw.com