I was born with my left forearm missing. I work & function normally. Could this disability make me inadmissible for a green card

Seattle, WA |
Filed under: Green cards

I wear a prosthesis and am very functional.

1. It shouldn't. For immigration purposes the issues are whether you have a communicable disease that may affect the larger society (which is why they test for TB, etc.), if you have a medical condition that may may cause you to fall into distress, and be unable to care for yourself, if you have sufficient resources for medical care, etc. (affidavit of support will be looked at). If you have a drug problem or mental defect, again, that could have an impact on the community or make you unable to function in society. Your situation shouldn't make you inadmissible. Note, this is not the language from the law, just my unofficial summary. You can always go to www.uscis.gov to find resources/instructions on medical bases for inadmissibility, or make an appointment to go into it in more detail

This reply is intended only as general information and does not constitute legal advice in any particular case. This reply does not create an attorney/client relationship.

2. You should be fine.

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 |ICannHelpYouNow.com | John1Davidson@gmail.com

3. No.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

4. I agree with my colleagues. No it should not make you inadmissible.

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

5. No. Your disability will not make you inadmissible or prevent you from getting a green card.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.