I was bit by my neighbor's dog. What can I do about it? Ultimately, I want it removed from the property.

I was walking up the stairs, and as soon as I reached the top, the dog aggressively pulled his owner while on his leash and bit me. It happened in a matter of seconds. I went to the ER and Animal Control is on their way, but is there anything else I need to do? Thanks!

Atlanta, GA -

Thomas Richelo

Thomas Richelo

Construction / Development Lawyer - Atlanta, GA

Animal law is fairly specialized. If Mr. Langer can't help you, perhaps he can recommend someone in Atlanta. You have potentially a specialized type of personal injury lawsuit.

Keith G Langer

Keith G Langer

Animal Law Attorney - Wrentham, MA

Document everything; the time, date, place, breed of dog and the owner; keep a copy of the report you give AC and get a copy of the AC report; notify your landlord if this is a rental property and the dog belonged to a fellow tenant.

You will need copies as evidence for the demand letter and, if needed, the small claims action to recover your losses.

The foregoing is for general information purposes and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Related Advice