I was behind several payments on a loan and the loan company issue a warrant in debt on my and set a court date

Romney, WV |

Before we had to go to court we brought the loan current therefore we did not have to show up. Now I am being told the original court date in April was continued until June. So even though we made the loan current before the April court date they just continued it. Since April the payments have been current except for this month has not been paid.. Can they continue a case if they received and accepted payments in April that made the loan current . Seems to me they continued a case when no money was owed

They can to insure compliance, but I would think not indefinitely. Go to the next court date and ask for dismissal of the case.

To questioners from West Virginia & New York: Although I am licensed to practice in your state, I practice on a day-to-day basis in Massachusetts. I answer questions in your state in areas of the law in which I practice, and in which I feel comfortable trying to offer you assistance based on my knowledge of specific statutes in your state and/or general principles applicable in all states. It is always best, however, to work with attorneys and court personnel in your own area to deal with specific problems and factual situations.

Thomas is right, go to the next court date and sign dismissal in exchange for payments. They won't dismiss the case until they have a signed agreement.