I was backing out of my driveway very cautiously, i was more than half way out when all of a sudden the car hits me, she roughly

Pasadena, TX |

45 miles, she didn't stop she kept going then she finally stopped 20 feet. My dad saw the whole thing, and I have it on camera, since we have cameras outside our house. The cops came and immediately took her side of the story. This is a residential area. And the cops said it didn't matter if she was going 100 mph, and if she was drunk, they stated that it was her right of way. I offered the cops to show them the video to see who's fault it was. But they just took the other drivers story. The cops never asked me if I needed medical attention or bothered to ask me what had actuall happened.

Is there a high chance for me to win this case and not have to pay the person who caused the accident in the first place, she shouldn't have been going 45 mph on a residential area, especially when she lives four houses away. If it was a kid, she could have been charged with manslaughter. I have two video angles of the accident. Also it was raining so she should have been going at a slower speed.

1. You stated the facts as you see them but you didn't ask a question.

2. Given the nature of the incident and the conclusions of the police officers, I would suggest that you consult with an attorney. Have the attorney review all of the evidence and share the best options. If you were injured, you should see proper medical treatment.

3. Report the collision to your carrier. Give them your recording if it truly helps.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

4. Negligence often is not 100% one either party. While you make many points as to reasons the defendant driver should shoulder the fault, ultimately the officer looked to the issue he could clearly see. The defendant had the right of way and he believed you should have yielded to oncoming traffic. I would turn over all your evidence to your carrier, video, Dad's statement etc. and let them deal with the other driver. As always, call one or more attorneys to dicuss your situtation in more detail and see if they can help you.