I was aworker of the federal government and was hired under Schedule A on a disability hire. I was fired due to discrimination

Mount Ephraim, NJ |

I was relieved 10 days after the infraction and apologized to the woman in writing and she accepted my apology. I also had received a job performance appraisal and it was very good. I was never allowed to meet with my supervisors supervisor to talk about the matter at any time. He just showed up one day and gave me a two page letter telling me I was being terminated. I have good work ethic skills and found out from and EEO specialist he did not want to hire me in the 1st place, but he did not have final say so. I believe he discriminated against me and this was his way to get rid of me, he had other actions he could of taken, but choose the most serious. I am about to go into an adr process with a supervisor to try an resolve this matter do you think I need a lawyer to resolve this matter

People often believe that government workers would receive more favorable treatment than private sector workers but in my experience the opposite is true. You would be well advised to obtain representation because federal eeo law is a trap for the unwary. All the eeo people who are supposed to be there to help you, etc., may not be. You should find a lawyer who specializes in helping federal employees. Good luck to you.

Do you know of anyone that may be able to help me out on a contingency basis

This is all new to me, I know some of my rights but Schedule A is so vague and scary at times

It sounds like you admitted to a violation of a work rule (by making your written apology). If so, your employer may have rights to terminate you unless you have federal civil service protections, work rule formal policy protections, or an employment contract.

You weren't fired on grounds of discrimination. You may contend that your termination was unlawfully discriminatory, but it is important for legal analysis to identify the employer's stated ground for your termination. It is also important to know how long you had worked there. Were you covered by civil service? Were you still on probation? Was the infraction that you admitted caused by the disability that was identified at the time you were hired?

You do not need to answer these questions here, but these are the critical details. Consult with a local attorney with specific experience in federal employment for further analysis of your rights and options.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

Recommended articles about Employment