I was awarded an amount of $ through fathers death. account was locked until I was 18.what kind of case is this? I never got $

Asked 4 months ago - Hercules, CA

when my dad died due to a work accident I was awarded an amount of $. it was locked into an account until I was 18. I am 31yrs old and I have yet to see that $. I have been researching to see if the account still exist. but there is no trail that I can find. I am looking into going to the court in Sacramento where the proceeding occurred to request court docs but I am unsure of what type of case to look into. any ideas?

1. Gregory Paul Benton

2

Answered . You would be looking for a probate case either under your name or our father's name.

2. Ivette M Santaella

1

Answered . Hello,

In addition, you may want to check with your Dad's former employer. If there was a court action, you may be able to look up the case name and get details on the settlement.

3. Christine James

Pro

1

Answered . You will want to look for a probate action regarding a guardianship of the estate under your name. If there was a lawsuit regarding the accident, look up a civil case for personal injury/wrongful death.

Who was put in charge of the money? Usually a parent or other guardian is put in charge.