I was awarded $10,000 plus $700 in Estate Probate Order. Is it possible for Personal Representative to use up all the money?

Asked over 1 year ago - Minneapolis, MN

The above award was on about a $100,000 probate estate and $300,000 non probate. This went to the court and I would just guess their lawyer fee was about $75,000 and Personal Rep. also likely will trump up charges which could exceed probate.. In case, opposition agreed to pay this money and judge awarded same. Since my case lost, my lawyer no longer avail. The $10,000 was I guess awarded on bad check from decedent or final payment to surviving spouse (me) and the $700 was for taxes I paid on property. Will Personal Rep. be required to pay me before they can close the Estate or was their offer to give me these payments a joke like everything else they have done and they just ignore me or tell me the estate is broke. I think Personal Rep will be unsupervised. What are my options?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. James P. Frederick

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . This appears to be a duplicate of your other question. It sounds like you have a valid creditor claim that has been approved. Your priority would normally be right below the administrative expenses and above the rights of any of the estate beneficiaries.

    James Frederick

    ***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******... more
  2. Donald Joseph Quinn II

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Why guess about anything? As a creditor (from you description) you have rights in the estate. I would ask that the Court provide you with notice of all matters filed in the estate.

    Legal disclaimer: This answer does not constitute legal advice. I am admitted to practice law in the State of... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,954 answers this week

2,969 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,954 answers this week

2,969 attorneys answering