I Was Attacked! What Type of Lawyer Do I Need to File a Lawsuit?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Philadelphia, PA

I attended a weekend ski trip event and stayed at a national hotel chain outside of Philadelphia. While eating dinner at the hotel, I was physically and verbally assaulted by another hotel guest and sustained injuries to my back and foot. I filed a police report but the police did not arrest the attacker, nor did the police or hotel manager remove the attacker from the property so I was scared to stay at the hotel for the rest of the night thinking that I might see him again in the hallways or in some other common area of the hotel.

What type of lawyer do I need to file a civil lawsuit?

1. Joseph D. Lento

9

1

Answered . I am sorry to hear about your trouble. A personal injury attorney can help you pursue a prospective case against your assailant and any other parties that may be responsible for what occurred (EG: the hotel, the police department, etc.). If you would like to call my office tomorrow, I can give you some additional insight.

Joseph D. Lento
    Lento Law Offices
    North American Building
    121 S. Broad Street, 2nd Floor
    Philadelphia, PA 19107
    LentoLawOffices.com
    888-535-3686

2. Stewart C Crawford Jr.

9

1

Answered . As my colleagues have already indicated, a personal injury attorney is likely your best option in pursuing any recovery from the guest and the hotel. To preserve your claim, make sure your injuries and the event itself are well documented. The hotel might be found liable for inadequate security or, if alcohol was a factor, the hotel could also be liable under the Dram Shop Act. Like my colleagues, I would be happy to meet with you to discuss your problem.

Stew Crawford Jr., Esq.

Crawford Law Firm
    A Full Service Law Firm Serving Pennsylvania & New Jersey

223 North Monroe Street
    Media, Pa 19063 (Philadelphia Area)
    877-992-6311
    www.crawfordlaw.org

Email: injury@subrolaw.us

3. Thomas Kenny

9

Answered . You need an injury lawyer. Your lawyer needs to investigate if the hotel is liable for a lack of security.

Pro

8

1

Answered . Best bet is to contact one of the personal injury attorneys who answered above, as my firm only handles catastrophic injuries now. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  5. Sandra B. Worthington

Pro

7

Answered . . I think you have left out a few critical details. We,as attorneys, need all the details. Tell us the reason you believe you were attacked and all the facts revolving around your injuries.then we can give you some helpful advice.

6. David B Pittman

Pro

8

Answered . There are many facts to consider when thinking about bringing a claim. Who is negligent and liable? This could be a case against the hotel for lack of security. Were there any witnesses who to corroborate your story? Also what caused the assault? What kinds of injuries did you sustain? Lots of question to ask a personal injury so I suggest getting a consultation so they can create a theory of liability against the negligent party. In short, have a consultation with a lawyer and see if you have a case

7. Robert Bruce Kopelson

7

1

Answered . get all appropriate medical care,and contact a local injury lawyer. Try Mr. Lassen who posts all the time on Avvo, and who you can search on avvo to find his contact info.