I was at a work comp mandatory mediation. We came to an agreement. How many days before the compromise and release ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Pittsburgh, PA

I settled with my insurance company at the mandatory mediation for workers comp. How long before we make it official in front of the judge at the compromise and release hearing?

1. Robert L. Cullen

Pro

1

Answered . Your attorney should be able to answer this for you, but it won't be long. SInce you were in mediation, there is pending litigation. If a hearing is already scheduled, your lawyer will probably use that date to present your settlement to the Judge. If it is not scheduled, they will ask for a hearing and the Judge's office is usually quick at scheduling a hearing. Bottom line, ask your attorney and it won't be that long ... Congradulations & best of luck to you re: your settlement!

2. Richard Alan Jaffe

Pro

1

Answered . I am assuming from your question that you are already represented by an Attorney and this question would best be posed of your Attorney rather than posting it on the Internet.

Typically, the parties attempt to have a hearing before a Workers Compensation judge to approve a Compromise and E's Agreement within 2 to 4 weeks after the conclusion of a Mandatory Mediation Conference. This will all depend upon the schedule of the Judge and the two attorneys involved.

As noted above, you should contact your attorney to discuss these issues as he or she would be in a better position to address your concerns.

If you do not have an attorney to represent your interests st this time, it is recommended that you contact an attorney experienced in handeling Pennsylvania Workers Compensation Basis to discuss your proposed settlement. Please note that most attorneys will not charge for an initial consultation And will accept your case on a Contingent Fee Basis

3. Geoffrey Hillsberg

Pro

1

Answered . Usually, it is a few weeks. However, there can be several complicating factors that could cause a delay or require more time. This is a question that would be best posed to your attorney.