I was at a banquet hall and a waiter dropped a burner on my foot and it resulted in a 2nd degree burns and I hurt my knee which

resulted in a hurt knee swollen, water and blood on my knee. I had to have physical therapy for five months and trips to the dermatologist. My medical bills were almost $16,00.00It's been almost two years. I received an offer 7,000.00. Should I take the offer?

Lanham, MD -

Bennett James Wills

Bennett James Wills

Contracts / Agreements Lawyer - Baltimore, MD

You should really consult with a personal injury lawyer to evaluate the offer. Don't accept or sign anything until you have had the chance for an attorney to review your case in person.

Brandy Ann Peeples

Brandy Ann Peeples

Litigation Lawyer - Frederick, MD

Retain an attorney.

Jeffrey Mark Adams

Jeffrey Mark Adams

Personal Injury Lawyer - Bronx, NY

What is your lawyers opinion?

Marc P. Weingarten

Marc P. Weingarten

Personal Injury Lawyer - Philadelphia, PA

It sounds on the low side to me, but I only have the very sketchy facts from your note to Avvo. You need to talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer, but you should do so soon as there may be a statue of limitations about to run in your case as the accident occurred almost two years ago. Statutes of limitations vary from state to state and can be as short as a year. I do not know what the limitation period is in Maryland, so get to a lawyer quickly.

William A Simmons

William A Simmons

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Wheaton, MD

You need to see a lawyer to evaluate your case, settlement offer, and choices regarding litigation. You need to evaluate whether or not you can win. Most appointments in personal injury cases are free. See a lawyer immediately.

William A. Simmons
Butler & Simmons, P.A.
Attorneys & Counselors at Law
11501 Georgia Avenue, Suite 100
Silver Spring, MD 20902
301-933-6400
301-942-0734 facsimile

The information contained in this e-mail message is information protected by the attorney client privilege and/or the attorney work product privilege and the privileges are not waived by virtue of this having been sent by e-mail. If the person actually receiving this e-mail or any other reader of this e-mail is not the named recipient or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the named recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify this office immediately by telephone and return the original message by e-mail. Thank you.

Mary Alice Herman

Mary Alice Herman

Personal Injury Lawyer - Oxon Hill, MD

You need to discuss this with an attorney, but this offer sounds very low.

Related Advice