I was at a banquet hall and a waiter dropped a burner on my foot and it resulted in a 2nd degree burns and I hurt my knee which

Lanham, MD |

resulted in a hurt knee swollen, water and blood on my knee. I had to have physical therapy for five months and trips to the dermatologist. My medical bills were almost $16,00.00It's been almost two years. I received an offer 7,000.00. Should I take the offer?

You should really consult with a personal injury lawyer to evaluate the offer. Don't accept or sign anything until you have had the chance for an attorney to review your case in person.

This is not legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. This is for education and informational purposes only. It is always recommended that you contact an attorney with any concerns as each individual case is unique.

What is your lawyers opinion?

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

Retain an attorney.

DISCLAIMER: Brandy A. Peeples is licensed to practice law in the State of Maryland. This answer is being provided for informational purposes only and the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For legal advice relating to your specific situation, I strongly urge you to consult with an attorney in your area. NO COMMUNICATIONS WITH ME ARE TO BE CONSTRUED AS ARISING FROM AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP AND NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP WILL BE ESTABLISHED WITH ME UNLESS I HAVE EXPRESSLY AGREED TO UNDERTAKE YOUR REPRESENTATION, WHICH INCLUDES THE EXECUTION OF A WRITTEN AGREEMENT OF RETAINER.

It sounds on the low side to me, but I only have the very sketchy facts from your note to Avvo. You need to talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer, but you should do so soon as there may be a statue of limitations about to run in your case as the accident occurred almost two years ago. Statutes of limitations vary from state to state and can be as short as a year. I do not know what the limitation period is in Maryland, so get to a lawyer quickly.

You need to see a lawyer to evaluate your case, settlement offer, and choices regarding litigation. You need to evaluate whether or not you can win. Most appointments in personal injury cases are free. See a lawyer immediately.

William A. Simmons
Butler & Simmons, P.A.
Attorneys & Counselors at Law
11501 Georgia Avenue, Suite 100
Silver Spring, MD 20902
301-933-6400
301-942-0734 facsimile

The information contained in this e-mail message is information protected by the attorney client privilege and/or the attorney work product privilege and the privileges are not waived by virtue of this having been sent by e-mail. If the person actually receiving this e-mail or any other reader of this e-mail is not the named recipient or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the named recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify this office immediately by telephone and return the original message by e-mail. Thank you.

You need to discuss this with an attorney, but this offer sounds very low.