I was assaulted March 20th, 2013 by an old childhood friend. I want to know the process and how long it takes?

Asked about 1 year ago - Santa Ana, CA

I have already gone fourth after the incident occurred and pursued a Restraining order. I have a 3 year Restraining order on the Person who was stalking me. They struck me two times to the face and spit on me. I am now looking for legal advice in which I should go about this matter. I plan on pressing charges. Now how does the process go. I am also looking to get my nose fixed due to a deviated septum and nasal deformity. Also looking to get my medical bill paid due to the attack. Are these two separate charges? How should I go about this. If you have any suggestions or answers anything would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

1. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

2

Answered . I think this is a duplicate question and you did ask "how long it takes"--both a civil and criminal case can take months to get resolved.

2. Nicholas Milan Loncar

Pro

2

Answered . Whether in Huntington or Santa Ana, the answer to this question is pretty much the same.

3. Aalok Sikand

2

Answered . In order to get compensated for your injuries, you need to sue the attacker in civil court. It always takes a crystal ball, which I do not have, to determine how long a case will actually take. If he wants to settle, and you are happy with the settlement, if shouldn't take long. If the opposite is true, then it take around a year or more.

If you want to press criminal charges then I would suggest filing a police report immediately. Best of luck to you.