Skip to main content

I was asked for request of more evidence prooving Bonafide marriage and i did but haven't gotten response .

Schenectady, NY |

During our AOS interview we were told by the IO that we looked good for approval.He told us to bring to him any more evidence we have to proof that our marriage is legit.We didn't respond to it cause we didn't have much to bring cause our marriage was new and we weren't financially buoyant then.After three weeks we sent in the little we were able to gather i.e Emails sent during relationship,My personal Junk mails,Joint bank Account,affidavit sworned by our Co-sponsor about the genuiness of our marriage,A copy of the form she filled at her work stating me as her emergency contact,joint tax return and my employment letter stating my address.It is now three weeks after i took it to them at the Local USCIS office and i am yet to hear from them.Please what can be delaying USCIS response?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You need to address this with USCIS or an immigration attorney on a consultation. This forum is not a law office. It cannot offer tailored legal advice. Para 6 of the Terms of Use, in the footer below. Good read. Try it.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.



Sir but people have been asking Immigration related questions here on AVVO so i don't get what you are saying.

Gunda Johanna Brost

Gunda Johanna Brost


Read the terms of use. You can ask general questions or a single question that is straight-forward to ask, but it is not a substitute for detailed legal advice you would receive by hiring an attorney.


CIS has, by law 120 days after an interview during which to render a decision on a case. Don't expect anything too soon. Inquiries will not yield any results or a faster decision. They will take their time. What you should now be aware of is that CIS is most likely investigating you, on the internet, discreetly questioning your neighbors and co-workers. By the time they conclude that, or even before, expect a "knock on the door" by the CIS investigation department. Will you be ready?

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Your question is confusing...did you timely respond to the request for evidence with the items you list or did you submit them after the RFE deadline? USCIS can deny both the I-130 petition and your I-485 application for failing to timely respond to an RFE.

The reality is that USCIS can take as much time as it wants to review your case and to investigate the legitimacy of your marriage. You can file status inquiries after 120 days, but USCIS does not have to issue its decision until it is ready unless you have the resources to hire and attorney to file a mandamus action in federal court.

I suggest you consult with a reputable immigration attorney about the specifics of your situation. He or she should be able to inquire about the status of your case and address any lingering concerns.


You should have hired an immigration attorney. Since you didn't you can still correct this by hiring one now.

Gunda J. Brost Brost Law Office This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer