I was arrested on multiple counts of forgery 2nd degree, will the police search my home for objects they think were purchased?

Lexington, KY |

I ask this question as I hid this from my wife who works two jobs and all of the things that we own were paid for legitimately by her and myself from money I earned through the job that I stole the extra checks from. I have a substance abuse addiction and spent all of the stolen money on drugs. I just would like to know that her things will not be taken. My former employer is the one pressing charges and I indicated to him and the detectives that interviewed me that she had nothing to do with it. Also will the police go to her work to question her? She is an innocent victim in this and I'm just trying to figure out how she'll be affected outside of my possible prison time.

1. First of all, STOP discussing your conduct online. You could do yourself a great deal of harm. Hire a criminal defense attorney immediately. Speak only to him or her because that relationship is your only confidential relationship. As for your wife and her property, she is or will soon be involved. Proof of what has been legally purchased may be necessary. Discuss all this with your lawyer. Go into rehab. You already know you need help.

2. Stop posting admissions online. Stop talking to the police and/or your employer without an attorney. Hire a criminal defense attorney ASAP to represent you. www.kacdl.net

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..