I was arrested last week and I was wondering why they didn't take a mugshot or keep me over night.

Asked over 1 year ago - Lake Charles, LA

I was arrested for a DUI, wouldn't they have done more, all I got was a ticket and a paper saying to contact the court.

1. Christopher Irvin Simser

2

Answered . I am guessing that you were issued an appearance ticket - a piece of paper ordering you to return to court at a later date. Depending on the level of the charge(s) against you, you may be required to be photographed and fingerprinted at after the court arraigns you.

Your best course of action is to retain an experienced DUI/DWI attorney to defend you and to appear with you in court. He or she can also contact the court and answer whatever questions you might have.

2. Ethan Patrick Meaney

Pro

2

Answered . Attorney Simser is correct this happens on occasion. Where I practice the court will normally just advise my client to go to the police department after the first court appearance to get fingerprinted/photographed. Some courts here actually have a separate room for this inside the courthouse. Regardless you should speak with an attorney in your area about the DUI. If you want to look one up here on AVVO you can select "Find a Lawyer" at the top of the page. Good luck.

3. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

2

Answered . Many misdemeanor offenses just get a citation to appear. You may get ordered by the court to get booked later. You almost sound disappointed that you weren't arrested . . .