I was arrested in LA, California 10 years ago. The case was dismissed by the judge. I never saw the judge.

Asked almost 4 years ago - Plainfield, NJ

The finger printing is still popping up when I do my employment background check. What are my option to take the finger print off the system? and Do I need a lawyer for it? What form do I need to fill out?

The criminal background from CA court come back nothing. I order a copy for myself.

1. Elliot S Stomel

Pro

Best Answer

Answered . If your arrest took place in New Jersey, I would suggest that you retain a New Jersey attorney to file a petition with the court to have the record of arrest expunged from your criminal history. However, you have indicated that the arrest took place in California. You should contact an attorney licensed in that State to assist you. While I am not licensed in California, I am aware of a New Jersey attorney who practices there. If you would like some direction in this regard, please feel free to contact me, and I will provide you with that information.

2. Elliot S Stomel

Pro