I was arrested in 2010 for possession of a weapon in a domestic dispute.

I was held for 6 hours, then saw a judge who released me, no bail was requested. It was my first time offense. I appeared in court 2 months after for the hearing which was dismissed with a fine to the court. Would this be on my record? This was in NYC.

11417 -

Howard A. Schwartz

Howard A. Schwartz

Criminal Defense Attorney - Brooklyn, NY

If you paid a fine there was some kind of
guilty plea. If the plea was to a crime and youthful offender status was not granted, you probably have a record. You can go to the Clerk's office in the jurisdiction where the case was prosecuted for further information.

John M. Cromwell

John M. Cromwell

Criminal Defense Attorney - Scarsdale, NY

If the case was actually dismissed then there would be no criminal record. However, if you paid a fine, then the case was not "dismissed." If the charges were reduced to a non-criminal violation, the case should be sealed and not be accessible to the public. If you pled guilty to a misdemeanor, then you would have a criminal record and it would show up in a criminal history check that anyone could do. The only way to know for sure is to order a copy of your rap sheet from Albany, which you can do yourself, or hire an attorney who can look into the matter for you.

Joseph A Lo Piccolo

Joseph A Lo Piccolo

Criminal Defense Attorney - Garden City, NY

Doesn't sound like there would be a record. Dismissal's are sealed.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

Robert C. Keller

Robert C. Keller

Criminal Defense Attorney - Havertown, PA

There is a record in the court and if you were fingerprinted that record will reach the state police and the FBI. You should have an attorney research this for you.