I was arrested in 2010 for possession of a weapon in a domestic dispute.

Asked over 1 year ago - 11417

I was held for 6 hours, then saw a judge who released me, no bail was requested. It was my first time offense. I appeared in court 2 months after for the hearing which was dismissed with a fine to the court. Would this be on my record? This was in NYC.

1. Howard A. Schwartz

4

Answered . If you paid a fine there was some kind of
    guilty plea. If the plea was to a crime and youthful offender status was not granted, you probably have a record. You can go to the Clerk's office in the jurisdiction where the case was prosecuted for further information.

2. John M. Cromwell

Pro

4

Answered . If the case was actually dismissed then there would be no criminal record. However, if you paid a fine, then the case was not "dismissed." If the charges were reduced to a non-criminal violation, the case should be sealed and not be accessible to the public. If you pled guilty to a misdemeanor, then you would have a criminal record and it would show up in a criminal history check that anyone could do. The only way to know for sure is to order a copy of your rap sheet from Albany, which you can do yourself, or hire an attorney who can look into the matter for you.

3. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

3

Answered . Doesn't sound like there would be a record. Dismissal's are sealed.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

4. Robert C. Keller

3

Answered . There is a record in the court and if you were fingerprinted that record will reach the state police and the FBI. You should have an attorney research this for you.