I was arrested in 2007 for possession of Marijuana and was bonded out. Its 2013 has the Statute of limitations ran out.

How can i go about getting it off my background. Its showing that i still have a pending case?

Valley, AL -

Patrick Mahaney

Patrick Mahaney

Criminal Defense Attorney - Montgomery, AL

In the criminal law context, the term 'statute of limitations' means the time period in which to initiate or begin a criminal prosecution. If an arrest warrant was issued in 2007, that event 'tolled' (or stopped) any statute of limitations problem. See, Code of Alabama, 1975, section 15-3-7: 'When prosecution deemed commenced.' which states: "A prosecution may be commenced within the meaning of this chapter by finding an indictment, the issuing of a warrant or by binding over the offender."

Brian Joseph Lockwood

Brian Joseph Lockwood

Criminal Defense Attorney - Mobile, AL

Under Alabama law, a warrant being filed, an indictment being issued or a bind over is necessary. Check for a warrant.

John M. Kaman

John M. Kaman

Criminal Defense Attorney - San Francisco, CA

Nope. Once you were arrested and charged the statute stopped running. Maybe it is time you stopped running as well.