I was arrested in 2007 for possession of Marijuana and was bonded out. Its 2013 has the Statute of limitations ran out.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Valley, AL

How can i go about getting it off my background. Its showing that i still have a pending case?

1. Patrick Mahaney

Pro

3

Answered . In the criminal law context, the term 'statute of limitations' means the time period in which to initiate or begin a criminal prosecution. If an arrest warrant was issued in 2007, that event 'tolled' (or stopped) any statute of limitations problem. See, Code of Alabama, 1975, section 15-3-7: 'When prosecution deemed commenced.' which states: "A prosecution may be commenced within the meaning of this chapter by finding an indictment, the issuing of a warrant or by binding over the offender."

2. Brian Joseph Lockwood

Pro

1

Answered . Under Alabama law, a warrant being filed, an indictment being issued or a bind over is necessary. Check for a warrant.

3. John M. Kaman

Pro

2

Answered . Nope. Once you were arrested and charged the statute stopped running. Maybe it is time you stopped running as well.