I was arrested in 1984 tried to cross the border as a us,and in 2000 got the green card can i be us citizen?

Asked about 4 years ago - Murrieta, CA

i did never got back to the us afther my arrest at that time i was only 17 and wen i apply for fast line card that record showed up and i wanna know if this will effet me,,since then i never been in trouble not even a trafic ticket

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . For more information, please see

  2. Kwao Amegashie


    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . You will be fine since you declared that old arrest in the process of filing for a "green card". Just make sure you declare it again on the N-400 form when applying for naturalization and you will be fine. The USCIS has that record in their system so there is no point in trying to hide it. Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,035 answers this week

2,902 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,035 answers this week

2,902 attorneys answering