I was arrested for shoplifting & it was my third time, I think it's a felony I bonded out but I'm scared I'll have to do jail

Mckinney, TX |
Filed under: Criminal defense

I have priors & have done jail time on the weekends cause I'm a single mom & now I'm scared I'll do straight jail rather than probation for this being my 3rd time. Is that true or does it depend on the judge & how good my attorney is

1. If you've been convicted twice before you're looking at a state jail felony. If you haven't had any prior felonies, you have a good shot at probation. Depending on how recent your other cases are you could be looking at 30 to 90 days in jail as a condition. Good luck.
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
    512-495-1813
    Austin Theft Lawyer

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

2. See my answer to your previous question.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

3. This is not the same as "Three Strikes and You're Out". Under Texas law, a third misdemeanor theft can be chaged as a State Jail Felony theft, but that still means, unfortunately, your first felony. The real question will be what terms and conditions will come along with an expected deferred adjudication and I agree that you might prepare yourself for some jail time, no matter how good your attorney is.