I was arrested for posssesion of 20 grams or more with intent to man/sell/deliver, first offense no prior record.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Miami, FL

started with a car accident, there was a car at a stand still in the middle of the road and hit him/her at 30 mph the cop then came to the scene after getting my information, they started going into my car asked me if i had any cannabis in the car because of the smell i never let them search my car it was just open due to the accident and i was still in a state of shock from the whole accident i gave it to them and they intended i was a dealer and i said it was personal use. i am not exactly sure what to expect i wasnt read my miranda rights i have a super clean record good grades in college never had one run in with the law besides this i wasnt found with baggies scales or any dealing paraphinela.just curious due to the accident is there anything that i can use to help fight these charge

Attorney answers (3)

  1. William David Umansky


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . You will need a competent Miami lawyer to assist you. It is strange the cops charged you intent without paraphernalia or baggies. It could be the cops based it upon other factors they found at the scene including the amount of grams they discovered. Miranda is a tricky question and a lawyer can not analyze that for here without t more facts known. Hire a lawyer to try and get the state to not file the intent charges and perhaps seek out a first offender program like diversion or intervention where you can get the charges dropped. Good luck!

    Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or... more
  2. Steven Douglas Knittle

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should hire a competent criminal defense attorney ASAP. There may be issues with the legality of the officer's actions but more information is needed to determine that.

  3. Frank Mascagni III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The first thing is to hire a competent criminal defense attorney ASAP. You have to concerns: the CRIMINAL charge and the CIVIL car accident to deal with. The search of the vehicle, your "consent", the lack of a "Miranda" warning may or may not affect the outcome of the criminal case. Get counsel now.

    I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this... more

Related Topics

Criminal defense

Criminal law establishes the classifications of crimes, how guilt or innocence is determined, and the types of punishment or rehabilitation that may be imposed.

Dennis James Dressler

How much do I tell my lawyer?

Start by telling your lawyer what you are charged with and when you are due to appear in court. From that point on I suggest that you let your lawyer ask you questions and you answer those... more

Possession of a controlled substance

Possession of a controlled substance is a drug related crime. You can be charged for having drugs on your person or in your home, vehicle, or other property.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,569 answers this week

3,395 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,569 answers this week

3,395 attorneys answering