I was arrested for OWI by Novi police , my bac was .17.It is my first offense what should i do ?

Farmington, MI |

I was arrested for OWI by Novi police , my bac was .17.It is my first offense and I am an international student with 4.0 GPA , deans list . No previous criminal record.what are my chances.The cop told me that I could plead to an owvi.I am looking for an legal advice I can get.

1. You need an attorney right away. OWI charges are taken very serious in our state. You need an attorney to negotiate or fight for you. You should not trust the police. They do not have the authority to offer you a lesser charge. They often say things that are not true.

2. You should consult with an attorney who is familiar with the Novi District Court judges. The three judges in 52-1 are very different from each other in their sentencing practices and, quite frankly, court there can be a very scarey proposition with two of them. It has also been my experience there that an attorney can very much improve your outcome because all three judges can be very open to innovative sentencing options.

DUI topics