I was arrested for not wearing a seat belt. My finger prints and photographs were taken and after paying ticket was free to go.

Mckinney, TX |

I was arrested for not wearing a seat belt. My finger prints and photographs were taken and after paying ticket for not wearing a seat belt was free to go. So Should I answer yes or no for "Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime... on DS160 form?

I called Mckinney municipal court to look up my record. They said that in the records it jusy says as ticket and not as if I was arrested.

1. You were arrested. I think that answer would be yes. This is not likely to cause you any issues, unless of course you lie about never having been arrested.

All responses to these questions are meant for general purposes. Outcomes in all legal cases depend on combinations of many factors, facts and details which cannot be adequately discussed here. No attorney client relationship is created or intended and I strongly recommend that you actually consult with an attorney before deciding on any course of action.

2. I suggest that you contact an attorney to look into your case. If you were actually arrested, depending on what happened with your ticket it might be possible to get the record expunged. If your record is otherwise clear of any criminal history, you definitely want to keep it that way.

Nothing in this answer constitutes an agreement to represent you in any criminal case. Additionally, the information provided above does not constitute legal advice.

3. I defer to my Texas colleagues. Speak with a Texas attorney.

ANDREW ROBERTS CRIMINAL AND TRAFFIC TICKET DEFENSE ATTORNEY