I was arrested for not wearing a seat belt. My finger prints and photographs were taken and after paying ticket was free to go.

Asked 6 months ago - Mckinney, TX

I was arrested for not wearing a seat belt. My finger prints and photographs were taken and after paying ticket for not wearing a seat belt was free to go. So Should I answer yes or no for "Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime... on DS160 form?

I called Mckinney municipal court to look up my record. They said that in the records it jusy says as ticket and not as if I was arrested.

1. Clifford Ross Jessup

Pro

1

Answered . You were arrested. I think that answer would be yes. This is not likely to cause you any issues, unless of course you lie about never having been arrested.

2. Michael Andrew Garbe

Answered . I suggest that you contact an attorney to look into your case. If you were actually arrested, depending on what happened with your ticket it might be possible to get the record expunged. If your record is otherwise clear of any criminal history, you definitely want to keep it that way.

3. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

Answered . I defer to my Texas colleagues. Speak with a Texas attorney.

ANDREW ROBERTS CRIMINAL AND TRAFFIC TICKET DEFENSE ATTORNEY