I was arrested for HS 11350 a. I have completed pc1000 and the case has been dismissed. Can I purchase a firearm now?

Rialto, CA |

During my time on pc1000 before getting the case dismissed I was denied purchase.

No other problems with the law besides this hiccup.

1. Most likely because under PC 1000 the guilty plea you had was never entered and never became a judgment and now has been dismissed prior to entry of judgment. Therefore you have no felony preventing you from gun ownership (unless you have other criminal history).

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

2. On the sole basis of that information, yes.

The opinions rendered herein are based on general principles of law. Laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction and there are often numerous factors which can render advice or an opinion inapplicable. You should NOT make any decisions about the handling of a legal matter without first directly consulting with an attorney about the particulars of your case.

3. My other two colleagues are correct, assuming you are accurate in the description of your situation. That being said, you should confirm with your attorney that you have no firearm restrictions prior to going near firearms or ammo. And, to be completely certain, you can fill out this form (a "PFEC"): http://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/pdfs/firearms/forms/pfecapp.pdf and submit it to the CA Dept. of Justice along with the $20 fee and they will tell you whether they believe you have any restrictions in a formal letter. Of course, that might take a couple months. But, if you are in no rush, it is worth the piece of mind, and may be cheaper, because if you go to buy a gun and you come back prohibited, you could be charged with a crime and/or the dealer could charge you a restocking fee.

Michel & Associates, PC
    Firearms Attorneys

All my comments here are intended for general legal purposes. None of my comments here establish an attorney-client relationship with anyone. None of my comments should be relied on in taking legal action without first consulting an attorney.