I was arrested for felony theft and released on personal bond through a supervised release program. will I get drug tested?

Cleveland, OH |

I was arrested for felony thefr, arraigned, pled not guilty and then released on personal bond through a court supervised release program. I have to check in with a probation officer throughout the duration of the trial. Will I get drug tested, and if so what are the consequences for testing positive for marijuana?'

It all depends on the judge assigned to your case. In some jurisdictions, you will only get drug tested while on pretrial release if you are charged with a drug offense. However, in other jurisdictions, you will get random drug screens for any felony offense. You need to discuss this issue with your attorney.

The same answer goes for whether you will get violated if you "only" test positive for THC. I have had many clients go to jail in Butler County who tested positive for THC. However, those cases were all in front of one specific judge.