I was arrested for dwi im a truck driver from ms and i lost my job now they recended the case against me what now??? can i sue

Asked over 1 year ago - Waynesboro, MS

the case was taken back now i want to know what about the money and time i lost because of this and the day in jail and job and the lost wages i was not drinking and nothing was found in my blood yet my employer fired me can you tell me if i have legal grounds to sue the state of tx for this i received a letter from the state that the case was reciended (taken back well how do i take back the things i lost can you help me

1. Victor Wallace Carmody Jr.

1

Answered . I am not quite sure of the term you used to describe the manner in which your DUI case in Texas was handled.I do understand that your blood was tested,and you were initially charged with a DWI(that is the way Texas charges for driving under the influence) pending results of your blood test results.Once these results were received the Prosecutor evaluated your case for trial,and with a blood test in your favor,decided to not prosecute this charge. I don't have any information about the initial reason for your stop,and if the officer had a reason (probable cause) to stop you,then you probably do not have a case for the losses you have suffered. You should go to your former employer and show him the Texas decision to not prosecute your DWI and try to get your job back. Good Luck!

2. Anders Ferrington

Answered . If the alleged DWI was in Texas and you claim that you were falsely arrested, you need to ask these questions in the Texas forum. That is where any suit would originate

3. Derek L. Hall

Pro

Answered . In Mississippi, you would be able to reinstate your CDL. As far as your Texas employer, you would need to consult a Texas attorney for that information.