I was arrested for dwi Felony and bonded out with in 2 hours and that was 7 months no inditement no arraingment nothing is this

Denton, TX |

a good or bad thing my attorney belives they have no case.could this be the case. I was not even driving my car nor drunk.

1. If you weren't drinking or driving, it sounds like the DA has no case and perhaps your attorney is absolutely correct. In such a case, they may simply let the entire thing go. Speak to your attorney about it from time to time just to make sure it doesn't get forgotten.

2. Was your DWI a felony based on the prior number of DWIs or another circumstance that caused it to be enhanced such as dangerous conduct, weapons in the vehicle, children in the vehicle, etc.?
    As for the timing, when you are initially charged with the crime, a date to appear is set. If a date was not set, there could be a procedural error that took place, or perhaps the charging instrument was lost in the shuffle. It could be that you have fallen through the cracks FOR NOW, but in all likelihood the state will remember soon enough.

If you have an attorney that is currently handling the case, let him do his job and listen to his guidance.

3. You should follow your attorney's advice and instructions. It could mean that the state has a problem with the case, or it could mean that they have been too busy to present the case to a grand jury (and are not worried about it too much because you are already on bond. They need only worry about the statute of limitations.)

DUI topics