I was arrested for DUI 9 years ago, got second DUI reduced to wet and reckless and recently got another DUI.

Asked over 2 years ago - San Francisco, CA

Does this count as a 3rd or 2nd?

So would i get time in jail? And how many days?

1. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

9

Answered . wet / reckless is considered a prior DUI, so 3.

2. David Jon Pullman

9

Answered . This counts as your third. You should consult with an attorney about any potential defenses that you might have and be sure to contact DMV and let them know that you want a hearing to contest the license suspension. You only have 10 days to preserve this right. I handle DUI cases in San Francisco. Feel free to contact me about your case. Good luck to you.

3. Michael Rutledge Norton

9

Answered . This will count as your 3rd DUI. Contact an attorney. It may be possible to beat the case, negotiate down the punishment or strike the oldest DUI to reduce the punishment.

4. Chris J Feasel

8

Answered . This would be your third dui, meaning a mandatory 120 days jail, among other things, if you are found guilty. You definately need an experienced attorney to help you. I handle DUI cases in SF - feel free to contact my office for a free consultation to discuss your case.

5. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

6

Answered . This is your third offense!

6. Robert C. LeBrasseur

7

Answered . The mere fact you got arrested 9 years ago for DUI does not mean you were convicted. We need to know if the arrest from 9 years ago resulted in administrative action or a conviction before determining if this is a 2 or 3rd offense unless CA counts arrest as priors for enhancement.

7. Tai Christopher Bogan

Pro

5

Answered . You said you got arrested for a DUI 9 years ago. What about a conviction? This one counts as a prior ONLY if your plead to a wet or DU.

You had another DUI reduced to a wet. I presume that you then plead guilty to that charge. This would be a prior.

You recently got another DUI. If alleged - then the other two DUI's/Wets make this a third DUI. BUT SOMETIMES the DA messes up and doesnt charge the priors. Rare but happens.

Minimum is 120 days jail - can be done on an alternative program.

The above information does not establish an attorney client relationship nor is it meant to provide legal advice.
  8. Jon Martin Pettis

3

Answered . You need a good DUI lawyer. Even though the second was reduced to a wet reckless, you are looking at a DUI with two priors and a mandatory minimum of 120 days custody. Perhaps the lawyer can get the first prior struck by the prosecutor because it is so old.