I was arrested for domestic violence, but they judge withheld adjudication. Do I have to tell my employer, of my arrest?

Tampa, FL |

I am applying for a job, but I wanted to know if I have to disclose the fact I was arrested for domestic violence, if the judge withheld adjudication?

If you received a withhold of adjudication for your domestic violence case and you have not been adjudicated for any other criminal offenses, you can honestly answer that you have not been convicted of a criminal offense if a prospective employer asks if you have ever been convicted of a crime.

However, if the prospective employer is asking you to reveal whether you have ever been arrested for a crime, you would not be truthful if you answered in the negative. Of course, you can always decide not to answer the question. If you choose not to answer the question, the employer can decide not to consider you for the job.