Skip to main content

I was arrested for cpm 5th in Newburgh N.y. I am currently on misdeminor probation untill June 24, 2013. Possible outcomes?

Newburgh, NY |

I'm on probation for a drug related conspiracy charge. In the three years of my probation I have had one prior violation of probation for smoking pot, this was two years ago. I am currently working fulltime and I'm an applicant for a union local. I have a month or two left of probation.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Best answer

    You need a lawyer as you face the new charge + up to 1 year on the VOP.

    Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

    I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

  2. You face a possible probation violation. Hire a good criminal defense lawyer.

    I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

  3. I highly recommend retaining a criminal defense attorney as you now may have to deal with a violation in addition to the new allegations.

  4. You easily face violation of probation and prosectuion for the CPM unless you get an attorney who will intervene very quickly.

    If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics