I was arrested for carring 2 xanax pills in Florida. What is the out come for such charge?

Asked over 1 year ago - Hialeah, FL

And I had 3 other charges that were dropped

1. Christopher Charles Dyer

Pro

5

Answered . It depends on your prior record, the Judge your case is assigned to, and the prosecutor.

You should hire a criminal defense attorney to look through your case to see if there are any defenses or whether your rights have been violated.

If you plea and it is your first charge, you should be facing a probation with drug conditions.

Again, hire an attorney, I offer free consultations.

2. Dale Christopher Carson

4

Answered . Could be anywhere from prison time (max 5 years) down to probation. You may also qualify for some sort of diversionary program. Factors such as prior criminal history and the specific facts of the case will also play a role. I would suggest consulting with an experienced criminal defense attorney in the area. He/she will be able to look at these factors and determine the best course of action. Good luck!!

3. William David Umansky

Pro

3

Answered . Depends on number of factors. However if it is your first time in trouble with the law you might be eligible for a diversion or drug court program where you can get charges dropped. You really need to meet with a lawyer to see what rights you have and any defenses to your case. Who knows maybe there is some technicality that can result in charges being dismissed? You will never know unless you consult with a lawyer. Good luck!

4. David P. Gilbert

Pro

2

Answered . Anywhere from dismissal to five years imprisonment, depending on the weight of the evidence, your prior record, and any viable legal defenses you may have (etc).