I was arrested for a misdemeanor charge and granted an ACD. Will the arrest show up when a back ground check is done.

New York, NY |

I was arrested in september 2012 for a misdemeanor charge. I was granted ACD on March 5th 2013 (The date is September 5th 2013 for the case to be heard again). Will the arrest show up when a background check is done after september 2013?? I ask this because i got several job offers but couldn't proceed with them. I am hoping that this arrest record will not affect me on my job offers after september of 2013.
Your answers are welcome.

It should not show up after the ACD period is over.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

It depends on the depth and quality of the background check, but it should generally not show up.

This answer does not constitute legal advice and you should contact an attorney to confirm or research further any statements made in this answer. Any statements of fact or law I have made in this answer pertain solely to New York State and should not be relied upon in any way in any other jurisdiction. Additionally, we also encourage you to reach out to us via Twitter (!/WhiteRoseMarks) or Facebook ( if you have follow up questions as we do not monitor questions after providing an initial answer.

Recommended articles about Employment