I was arrested for a dui but i was charge as a youth offender which was basically a misdemeanor they sentence me to

Asked about 3 years ago - Rockville Centre, NY

3 years of probation my lawyer told me that after 18 month i am able to be release early if i keep up with the probation condition which i have been how does the early termination process works and how long does it takes ?

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

1

Answered . I'm not sure why your lawyer told you that as I am not aware of any automatic early termination process. Probation is for a fixed term. The Department of Probation can elect to discharge you early or you can go into court and make a motion to be discharged early.

2. John Frank Raio

1

Answered . Most of my clients have been released from misdemeanor probation after 18 months to 2 years if they obeyed all the conditions and reported regularly.

3. Steven Marc Raiser

1

Answered . It depends a lot on who your probation officer is. There is no automatic early termination. Just be on top of things and make sure you follow all conditions to the T and your chances of early termination are good.

4. Theodore W. Robinson

1

Answered . Most clients get released early because Probation already has too many people to monitor as it is. However, as my collegue said, it will depend upon which Probation Officer you get and, in my experience, Nassau County POs are not the nicest and if you have any infraction of their rules, they will refuse your early release.

Good luck nonetheless.