I was arrested for 1st dwi and speeding in montgomery cty texas what should I do first? Will a court appointed attorney help me

Asked 12 months ago - Conroe, TX

I received my driving history, which is clean, should I take a defensive driving cours before my trial?

1. Wayne Allen Fowler

2

Answered . A defensive driving course is not what I would recommend for you. What you should do first is contact an attorney and do so within 15 days to give your attorney enough time to request an ALR hearing to help you avoid having your license suspended. They will be able to help you from there.

2. Hubert Ray Steinmann

1

Answered . First, get an attorney. They can take care of both of your legal issues for you. The speeding ticket is nothing compared to what can be done to you on the DWI - license suspension, fees, fines, court costs, program costs, lost time/work, higher insurance payments, etc. There are a lot of good dwi lawyers in Conroe / Montgomery County, call one and set an appointment today. Good Luck and God Bless.

3. Stephen A. Gustitis

Answered . Let me emphasize the importance of timely action. Once you hire a qualified attorney, they can take things from there. Please don't delay.

4. Derek Anthony Patrin

Pro

1

Answered . The penalties and long term ramifications of a DUI are best discussed in detail on the phone with an experienced DUi defense attorney in your area or state. There are many options to choose from on this website with phone numbers listed. Give one of them a call ASAP to make sure you aren't running up against any deadlines to preserve your rights.