I was arrested for "small possession of Marijuana", will I get drug tested in court?

Cheltenham, PA |

I was arrested for "small possession of Marijuana" and I am 17 years old. I have a court date soon and was wondering if I will get drug tested? This is a first time offense. What do you think will happen? I live in Pennsylvania. I was charged with disorderly conduct.

I doubt you will be drug tested in the courtroom or even the courthouse, but you may very well find yourself on juvenile probation--which will likely include a requirement of random testing. Quit using marijuana and start cleaning our your system.

San Diego Criminal Defense Attorney--19 years experience. Law Offices of Jay S. Finnecy

I think many Judges in Montgomery County would require you to be drug tested since you are only 17.

The above is a general answer but should not be considered specific legal advice for your case. It is in your best interest to contact a qualified attorney to discuss the particular facts of your individual situation.

I doubt that this will occur at court. I suspect, that if you are put on juvenile probation, they may test you to determine whether anything is in your system. You will not get in trouble for what is in your system at that put, but it will be a baseline to determine of you continue to use while on probation. This is how I suspect that it will proceed.

This is not intended as individual legal advice and there is no attorney client relationship established by this answer. It is advisable that you seek individualized legal assistance. This is not a substitute for hiring an attorney.

Probably not. You may be sentenced to drug treatment. You will probably be tested then.

This response is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The response is intended, but not promised or guaranteed to be current, complete, or up-to-date. Transmission of the information is not intended to create, and the receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship between Mark D. Copoulos, Esquire and any party. The responses provided on this website are offered only for general informational and educational purposes. They are not offered as and do not constitute legal advice or legal opinions. You should not act or rely on any information contained in these responses without first seeking the advice of an attorney.