Skip to main content

I was arrested by the police at work..They told my job some things and i was fired. then no charges were filed who can i sue.

Lancaster, CA |

But my job said they fired me base on the info received from the police. what if info was wrong? Its a lot more. I all so fill i was fired for being a whistle blower .

Attorney Answers 2


The fact that no charges issued does not mean what the police said to your employer was false. Suing the police for saying things to your employer is a very tough road. Opinions are not actionable. Truthful statements of fact are not actionable. False statements of fact still have to clear the privileges of the Civil Code.

It seems somewhat inconsistent to say that you were fired for what the police said, and also because you were a whistleblower. That raises some red flags about your position. Nonetheless, there are many forms of whistleblowing that are not protected conduct.

You should find an experienced employment attorney and consult with him or her, sharing all of the facts associated with your claim of being a whistleblower. That person can then assist you in understanding whether you a potential case or not.

Good luck to you.

This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed only through the mutual execution of an attorney-client agreement. The answer given is based on the extremely limited facts provided and the proper course of action might change significantly with the introduction of other facts. All who read this answer should not rely on the answer to govern their conduct. Please seek the advice of competent counsel after disclosing all facts to that attorney. This answer is intended for California residents only. The answering party is only licensed to practice in the State of California.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


You need to talk to a local attorney asap.
You may have an action against the "big mouth" cops
if what they said was false ("defamation"). Additionally,
"(b)eing a whistle blower," has to be proven by you by
your previous actions. WHO did you report the company
too? When? Good luck!


Mark as helpful

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics