I was arrested by the police at work..They told my job some things and i was fired. then no charges were filed who can i sue.

Asked over 1 year ago - Lancaster, CA

But my job said they fired me base on the info received from the police. what if info was wrong? Its a lot more. I all so fill i was fired for being a whistle blower .

1. Neil Pedersen

3

Answered . The fact that no charges issued does not mean what the police said to your employer was false. Suing the police for saying things to your employer is a very tough road. Opinions are not actionable. Truthful statements of fact are not actionable. False statements of fact still have to clear the privileges of the Civil Code.

It seems somewhat inconsistent to say that you were fired for what the police said, and also because you were a whistleblower. That raises some red flags about your position. Nonetheless, there are many forms of whistleblowing that are not protected conduct.

You should find an experienced employment attorney and consult with him or her, sharing all of the facts associated with your claim of being a whistleblower. That person can then assist you in understanding whether you a potential case or not.

Good luck to you.

2. James M. Osak

Answered . You need to talk to a local attorney asap.
    You may have an action against the "big mouth" cops
    if what they said was false ("defamation"). Additionally,
    "(b)eing a whistle blower," has to be proven by you by
    your previous actions. WHO did you report the company
    too? When? Good luck!