Skip to main content

I was arrested and released on bail, I signed a non jury waiver form ,what can be the possible outcomes of this case.

Niagara Falls, NY |

I have a order of protection against my sister-530.12 C.P.L. Family Offense
My charges are:
120.14 01 AM Menacing-2nd;Weapon
145.00 01 AM Crim Mis:Intent Damage Property
240.26 V Harassment-2nd: Phy Contact
I am being represented by a public defender, I already had pre-trial arrangement.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


The top counts are A misdemeanors so you face 1 year in jail, 3 years probation, and a $1,000 fine.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.


Another outcome is you'll be adjourned a dozen times and decide you've had enough adjournments and you'll take a plea deal for some lesser charge. You may agree to a violation but there is no guarantee the prosecutor will offer a violation. If yes, then you'll be ACD'd, sent to a class program where you'll have to pay periodic tuition payments and pay a fine of several hundred dollars. This assumes this is your first offense.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer