I was arrested and not allowed bail for thirty days

Asked over 4 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

It turns out that the prosecution was lying to the judge and the judge made no effort to find the truth and they were pretending it was a domestic violence situation involving violence because a judge had accidentally and with out hearing cause signed off on such a protective order. What is my recourse? I have no criminal record nor have ever committed any violence and was OR for a year before this happened. Is the judge liable for allowing such malfeasance?

1. Armen Michael Tashjian

Pro

Answered . If you believe the judge and prosecutor violated your rights, you may file a complaint against both of them. To file a complaint against the judge, visit Commission on Judicial Review at http://cjp.ca.gov/ as for against the prosecutor, you can contact the supervisor of the subject prosecutor and send a written complaint with a request to investigate.

You can also file a civil rights complaint in federal court if you indeed believe your rights were abused.