I was arrested and charged with controlled substance july2 nd 2012 how much time is permitted to add more charges by the court

Asked about 1 year ago - Mattoon, IL

after finding 1/4 gram and pipe on my person the officer went to a hotel room I had rented for the mother and my new baby he found weed and said other things like dirty filters for manufacturing The weed was there but I am certain if he for the filters they were not in our belongings or anything to do with us . I had been told last week that when I went to today for case law on suppressing evidence case I was going to be charged with these items the judge needed more time to read over case law so nothing accomplished can they still add charges or is to much time gone by

1. Judy A. Goldstein

1

1

Answered . Yes, more charges can be added. You need to stop discussing your case online or in private with friends or family. Speak only to your lawyer. That is the only confidential relationship you have. You could be making things worse for yourself.

2. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Answered . The prosecution may add or amend the charges at any time prior to trial. You must stop discussing any alleged criminal activities on line and retain a criminal counsel licensed in Illinois.