I was arrested and charged with controlled substance july2 nd 2012 how much time is permitted to add more charges by the court

Mattoon, IL |

after finding 1/4 gram and pipe on my person the officer went to a hotel room I had rented for the mother and my new baby he found weed and said other things like dirty filters for manufacturing The weed was there but I am certain if he for the filters they were not in our belongings or anything to do with us . I had been told last week that when I went to today for case law on suppressing evidence case I was going to be charged with these items the judge needed more time to read over case law so nothing accomplished can they still add charges or is to much time gone by

1. Yes, more charges can be added. You need to stop discussing your case online or in private with friends or family. Speak only to your lawyer. That is the only confidential relationship you have. You could be making things worse for yourself.

2. The prosecution may add or amend the charges at any time prior to trial. You must stop discussing any alleged criminal activities on line and retain a criminal counsel licensed in Illinois.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com