I was arrested and charged with a DWI 7 months ago and my lawyer still has no BAC results. What's up with that?

Arlington, TX |

There still hasn't been a hearing about my license being suspended either.

1. Is it a blood case? If so, that's not unusual. Waiting for the lab results also causes a delay in the ALR hearing. If it's a breath test, he just needs request the breath-test slip from the DA. Your attorney should be able to explain all of this to you.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

2. As Ms Jaggers suggested, it is likely delay or other problem with the blood test results. If involving breath test, you need to talk with your lawyer about him getting the complete file from the DA

3. As the other attorneys mentioned, the length of the delay is not unusual for blood tests. A delay is also not always a bad thing for the defense, as the burden is always on the state to prove the allegations. This burden may become more difficult for the state as more time passes. The person best suited to answer this question is your attorney, and I suggest you ask them.