I was arrested about a year ago for shoplifting at bloomingdales, will this affect my future with getting a job? record?

Asked over 1 year ago - Bayside, NY

i went to all my court dates, i was scheduled to call the community service center but never did, i am a full time student and full time employee. for the time being i am very busy and cannot attend. Also applying for a new job, if they were to do a background check, would this conviction come up ? what about me missing the community service, how can this affect me?
i am VERY worried, please help

1. Howard A. Schwartz

5

1

Answered . As for your record, it would depend on what if anything you plead guilty to. Regarding the missing community service, you should be worried as there is most probably a warrant out for your arrest. It would be much better if you dealt with the matter voluntarily instead of waiting for the police to pick you up. The court is not very interested in your busy schedule. I suggest returning to court as soon as possible to clear up the warrant and request a second chance to complete the community service. Good luck.

2. Edwin Drantivy

3

1

Answered . Yes, it may be on your record. Contact the criminal defense attorney that represented you in this matter.

3. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

3

1

Answered . Immediately contact your criminal defense lawyer or get one. Your failure to perform commune service probably resulted a warrant for your arrest. Yes the warrant for arrest will be on your record. Take care of it now. Rearrange your busy schedule or face being arrested and possibly serving a jail sentence for failure to perform community service and the underlying charges instead of community service may have a jail alternative.

4. Eric Edward Rothstein

3

1

Answered . If you did not do the community service your case was likely restored and you have a bench warrant. The case will show up on a background search. I suggest you retain a criminal defense lawyer ASAP to clear the warrant and get the case dismissed and sealed. I often handles these matters.