Skip to main content

I was arrested, but the charges were dropped. I want to get the newspaper that published my arrest to remove my name.

Orlando, FL |

I contacted them and received no response. I have the letter saying the state is not charging me. Is there a lawyer who can help me? I do not want to waste money and time, but I really want my name removed from the internet.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


It's almost impossible to get your name Ofc the Internet once it's posted you may be able to hire a company that specLizes in reputation defense but even then I dont think I'd throw money at it


They do not have to remove your name if they published your arrest. You were arrested and it is public record. I know it sounds unfair but your only option is to expunge your record if you are eligible and even that will not remove it from the newspapers data. Call u at 4072283838 and mention AVVO if you want to further discuss.

Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. We would be more than happy to set up a free consultation if you call us at 407-228-3838 and specifically mention AVVO or email me at and put AVVO in the subject line.


Depending on the county you are lucky that only one mugshot is online. The fact that you were arrested is public record as is your mugshot. There is a procedure in place calling an expungement that would mandate the removal of your mugshot from the sheriffs website where your picture is located, but would not happen right away. Some of the mugshot websites will honor a notice of case action showing that no formal charges were filed while others will require a court order showing the case was expunged.

This is not intended to be an attorney-client relationship and is my opinion only. Consult with a local attorney for additional advice.

Posted may help you get removed from the internest but it will not expunge your record, which means that anyone running a background check on you through Florida Department of Law Enforcement will find out about the arrest. If you are interested in finding out if you are eligible to get your record expunged, you may call me to discuss this issue.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer