I was arrest for child abuse and false imprisonment

Asked over 3 years ago - Orlando, FL

my husband made my stepson lie to the police and i block in my car so he could not take it my husband told my stepson to lie before he did but the police got the true out that time i don"t have a lawyer can some one help me he did this because he need a GREEN CARD to stay in the USA.......please help....... SLR

1. Eric J Trabin

Answered . You definitely need an attorney. Child abuse and false imprisonment are both felonies and punishable with prison. Obviously an issue in the case will be whether your stepson lied or not, so you will need to get evidence showing that he did in fact lie. Your attorney can conduct depositions where he will interview your stepson. But anyone charged with a crime NEEDS an attorney.

Do not post anything online where someone could try to give it to the police or use it against you in court.

Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Good luck!