I was approved for DACA I was wondering if I can travel in the U.S?

I want to go from Laredo TX to San Antonio TX

Laredo, TX -

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Immigration Attorney - San Diego, CA

Absolutely you can. just make sure to carry valid state ID on you, as well as a copy of the DACA approval notice, to show if need be.

Stephanie Scarborough

Stephanie Scarborough

Immigration Attorney - Jacksonville, FL

Yes, as my colleagues stated you may travel. Ensure you have the DACA approval, your EAD card adn any state ID you may have acquired. Now that you have ID, a new world is open to you. As I advise my DACA clients, be responsible and stay out of trouble (no crimes) and more will come with immigration reform.

Rodrigo Ivan Canido

Rodrigo Ivan Canido

Immigration Attorney - Palo Alto, CA

Yes you can travel in the US. You are protected from possible deportation for two years.

LORIC, Immigration Solutions

Rodrigo Ivan Canido
Managing Attorney

3333 Bowers Ave, Suite 130
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Tel: 650-279-5933
Email: rcanido@loric.net.in
www.loric.net.in

Theodore John Murphy

Theodore John Murphy

Immigration Attorney - West Chester, PA

Yes you can travel inside the US.

Michael Paul Ruttle

Michael Paul Ruttle

Immigration Attorney - Torrance, CA

My colleagues are correct. You can definitely travel within the U.S. (and based on your question you're only traveling within your state). It would definitely be wise to have proper identification on you at all times, as well as your documents indicating that your application has been approved because your approval means that you are not deportable for two years.

Related Advice